Monday, March 21, 2016

Novel Introduction: I Awoke to Find I Was the Girl Swordsman That Protects My Cousin

There's a disturbing lack of genderbending on here, so let's fix that.

I will be translating I Awoke to Find I Was the Girl Swordsman That Protects My Cousin (目覚めると従姉妹を護る美少女剣士になっていた).


This is the first of a three-novel series with two spin-off novels.

The title describes the basic premise well enough: It's about a boy who suddenly discovers he transforms into a girl whenever his female cousin in danger.

Author: Karino Kei (狩野景)
Illustrator: Amanooni Touri (天鬼とうり)
Label: Atomic Bunko (あとみっく文庫)

Table of Contents:

17 comments:

  1. Genderbender!?! Mmmmm, i'm going to enjoy this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The art reminds me of Shoji satou from HOTD and triage x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably my favorite ero novel. I really like the second and third volumes. It's a pity they stopped it at three and didn't keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Volume 4 is out though (http://www.dlsite.com/books/work/=/product_id/BJ067644.html) and there are several spin-offs.

      Delete
    2. where can i read the translation of vol 2 and 3?

      Delete
  4. Only nine chapters in total? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. There are indeed very few gender bender ero novels.
    Other than this, I only know of - http://www.novelupdates.com/series/elf-san-with-master/

    Thank you for TLing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Elf san with master seemed to be translated very loosely... And it's super 1st person one-liner with zero narrative... Erm...

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the translation!
    I can't wait for the next volumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this one. Saw it some time but didn't even home translation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can somebody say how many yuri has the novel ? I really like genderbender combine with yuri sadly the is not many good anime or Light Novel, Kämpfer was promising at first and for anime I only now kamashima girls meet girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. where I could read volume 2 ?? please response

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, it looks like we're up to Volume 6 now..... Any chance of the rest of the series being translated?

    ReplyDelete
  11. can you send me RAW link of this series

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you going to continue translating?

    ReplyDelete